Last week, the customs officers detected several attempts for smuggling different goods, seizing foreign currencies, technical goods, shoes, cosmetics and counterfeits.
The following products were seized:
- 8.000 Swiss Franks and 1850 Euros found in two separate cases at the Skopje Alexander the Great.
In the first case, during personal search of a Macedonian citizen who arrived from Basel, in his trousers and jacket pockets the customs officers found 18.350 Swiss francs and 760 euros. 10.350 Swiss francs and and 760 euros were returned to the passenger, equivalent to 10,000 euros, as an amount that can be freely taken into the country. 8,000 euros were seized.
In the latter case, in the handbag of a Macedonian citizen who intended to depart to Zagreb, the customs officers found an envelope with 3,850 Euros, placed between the pages of a book. The passenger did not have any documents proving the origin of money. 2,000 euros, as an amount that can be freely taken out from the country, was returned, while 1,850 euros were seized.
Misdemeanor charges will be initiated against the perpetrators. .
- 3 circuit boards for lathes, bearing FUB-P4M4, FUB-DR3 and FUB-P4R2, found during inspection of a Bulgarian registered car, driven by a Bulgarian citizen, declared for entrance at the border crossing Deve Bair. The undeclared goods, found in the boot of the vehicle were seized and misdemeanor proceedings will be initiated against the driver.
- 39 pairs of trainers, detected during inspection of a Macedonian truck, driven by a Macedonian citizen, declared for entrance at the border crossing point Bogorodica. The undeclared sneakers were found in 5 plastic bags, placed on the bed in the driver’s cab. They were seized and misdemeanor proceedings were initiated against the driver. At the same time, the shoes are suspected to be counterfeits of protected trademarks, so the Customs Administration will initiate a procedure to establish whether they are authentic or not.
- 1,005 pieces of cosmetics (lip liners, lipsticks, mascara, eye shadow and makeup), detected by the Customs Mobile Teams, during inspection of a Bulgarian registered car, driven by a Bulgarian citizen who arrived at the border crossing point Tabanovce Motorway, entrance section. The undeclared goods were found in 4 cardboard boxes in the boot of the car, were seized and infringement proceedings will be initiated against the offender
Goods suspected of infringing intellectual property rights
- 6942 deodorants bearing logo of protected trademarks, detected during inspection of a Turkish truck, loaded with goods originating in Turkey bound for Kosovo, declared for entrance at the border crossing point Dojran.
The market value of products is estimated at about 8.5 million, if sold as originals.
They were seized and in accordance with law, the Customs Administration will initiate a procedure to determine whether they are authentic or not.