Skopje, 3rd April 2017
Last week, the customs officers prevented several attempts for smuggling different goods, seizing foreign currencies, silver jewellery, technical goods, medical equipment, spare parts for mobile phones and footwear.
The seized products include:
- 8.900 Euros, detected in two separate cases, during personal search of three Macedonian citizens, at the Tabanovce Motorway BCP – exit section.
In the first case, during personal search of a driver of a Macedonian automobile and his companion, 5.900 Euros were temporarily seized. In the driver’s trouser pocket, the customs officers found 5.900 Euros, and in a handbag of his companion 4.000 Euros. The driver and his companion did not present any document proving the origin of the money.
In the second case, in the pockets of a driver of Bulgarian automobile, the customs officers found 5.000 Euros without necessary documents for their origin. 2000 Euros were returned to the owner (the same amount was returned in the first case also) and the remaining 3.000 Euros were seized.
Offence procedures were initiated against the three passengers.
- 496 pieces of silver jewellery (bracelets, rings, earrings and pendants) with a total weight of 2.170 grams, detected during control of a Turkish bus that arrived at the Bogorodica BCP – entrance section. Some of the jewellery was placed in a bag, wrapped in tracksuits and then in passenger bag of a Turkish citizen, passenger on the bus. The remaining jewellery was found in a handbag on a person and in his inner jacket pockets. The jewellery with estimated value of about 73 thousand Denars was seized and corresponding procedure was initiated against the passenger.
Technical goods and medical equipment
- 1 SONY video camera found during control of a Macedonian bus that arrived at the Medzitlija BCP – entrance section. The camera that was placed in the driver’s cabin, covered by blanket was seized and appropriate procedure will be initiated against the its owner-Macedonian citizen travelling by bus.
- 4 parts for laparoscopic medical equipment (LCD monitor, generator and instruments) detected at the Skopje Alexander the Great Airport, during control of suitcase of a Turkish citizen who arrived from Istanbul. The undeclared goods were seized and offence procedure will be initiated against the passenger.
- 30 pieces of used electronic devices (engines for cutting wood and concrete, grinding machines, welding devices, hilts, drills etc.), detected during control of a German automobile, driven by a Serbian citizen, at the Tabanovce Motorway BCP – entrance section. The undeclared tools that were found on the back seat and in the boot of the vehicle were seized and cooresponding procedure was initiated against the driver.
Spare parts for mobile phones and other goods
- 154 external batteries for mobile phones detected at the Skopje Alexander the Great Airport, during inspection of suitcase of a Macedonian citizen who arrived from Gothenburg. The undeclared products were temporarily seized and offence procedure was launched against the passenger.
- 45 cases for mobile phones, stands and 17 bags of beadsin different forms, detected during inspection of a Macedonian automobile that arrived at the Deve bair BCP – entrance section, with two Macedonian citizens. The products were found on the back seat and on the rack behind the back seat, covered by jackets, as well as in a bag put in the boot area. The goods were seized and a request for initiation of offence procedure against the passenger- owner of the goods was submitted.
- 34 pairs of lady slippers, detecetd during inspection of a Macedonian automobile, driven by a Macedonian citizen, at the Blace BCP – entrance section. The undeclared slippers were found in several bags, in the boot and among the seats of the vehicle. They were seized and offence procedure was launched against the driver.